Saturday, November 23, 2013

Legal Authority

I made contact with this lawyer thru my sister-in-law who is a paralegal, I though she would be a good person to start my research thru and she was willing to help me with any questions concerning the law, I told her about my project and she proposed that I see her employer who is a  criminal defense lawyer. We depend upon laws for safe communities, functioning economies, and personal liberties.
About why I choose him: At first  I contacted other lawyers that I was interste in  to help out with my project but when I contact some of them they were unwill to help, the whole idea for my search was to find some one who knew a great deal about Intellectual property and contracts, My Idea was to ask Question concerning copyright laws, trademarks, business contracts & music law. "It would be nice if we could look up “the law” in one book, memorize it, and then apply it. But the law is not that simple. Principles and rules of law come from many different sources." chapter 1 page 4 since in the future I will be working with music industry & business field, and maybe start my own business I want ask question concerning business rights, my rights as business employer and audio engineer question that involve an music recording artist, and music law in general. unfortunately i did have the time to look for someone else so decide to go with my sister-in-law, proposal, and did some research about the lawyer and decide that he would be a good fit, because I think that criminal defense and intellectual property have a similar playing filed in court...  even thought ...  its a different field of law it they still play by the same "rules" in court and intellectual property and criminal defense sort of go hand-by hand. The whole idea begin my questioning was to protect my self from ever coming into a similar situation and that i can help myself, with out a lawyer help and be aware of the legal process that is involve in those situations.  Casey A. Landis a lawyer who specializes in trial litigation with an emphasis on the defense of complex criminal cases in State and Federal Court. He also involves himself in selected civil cases, particularly for individuals whose civil rights have been violated by the Government. Even thought Mr doesn't specialized in Intellectual property he seem very knowledgeable."CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW Criminal law concerns behavior so threatening to society that it is outlawed altogether. Civil law deals with duties and disputes between parties, not outlawed behavior."
 In the pass I've have gotten in some trouble with the law and thought that Mr Casey would be a good fit for my questions concerning the law and rights to protect myself in the future from criminal case. Mr Casey has litigated thousands of felony criminal cases including murder, kidnapping, sex offenses, robbery, narcotic crimes, white collar crimes, and most everything in between. Casey’s practice encompasses both trials and appeals in the State and Federal Court systems as well as before administrative boards and agencies. His legal representation commences at the investigative, pre-indictment/pre-charging stage and carries through to appeal, post-conviction, and parole, as applicable to the individual case."The Fourth Amendment to the Constitution prohibits the government from making illegal searches and seizures of individuals, corporations, partnerships, and other organizations. The goal of the Fourth Amendment is to protect the individual from the powerful state." chapter 7 page 110 Mr casey was great source and defently will keep jim in my contact page he was very knowledgeable about the law and had gave me very good responses when asking with long complicated questions...
Mr case can be contacted at CoyerandLandis.com or 702-664-2594.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment